Monday, April 17, 2006

bike



This picture was taken on Ilkley Moor, Yorkshire, UK.

I had to climb a rock face to get into position for this photo. As I sat there in very strong winds, freezing and wondering why I had gone to all of this effort and trouble, a man climbed up behind me with a mountain bike strapped to his back. We chatted about the cold weather for a while before he climbed on. A while past........ then I realised I had missed the shot of my life! Why didn't I take a picture of him silhouetted again the sky with his bike as he climbed the granite face? A while later I saw him and his friends. They were still carrying their bikes. They where off in the distance as the sun set behind them. You can just see two of them in this picture. A real Monty Python moment! I rushed to get this shot. I wonder why they didnt just ride their bikes?

No comments: